Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Episode 17: How to Get Rid of a Wasp Nest

You should definitely have your bookmark-finger ready because this How To could be life-saving! Or you could die following my advice - probably from lung cancer because I advise smoking at one point. My own personal experience with this particular traumatic event was that I got to spend a lovely night in the hospital watching "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers" starring Barbara Stanwyck and eating a $74 ham sandwich. So...win-win, right? Afterwards, I got my very own personal Epi-pen, which I guess was supposed to make me feel more secure even though there's no way I'm jamming that giant needle into my thigh, I don't care how giant my face swells up. Also, it happened right before 9-11 and then when I was flying on a trip to the Grand Canyon the following October, the people at security confiscated the giant needle. When I protested - "But I'm allergic to bees!" - they deadpanned "Sir, they ain't no bees on the plane." So there I was at the Grand Canyon for four days, terrified of sudden bees. And also turquoise jewelry, which freaks me right out.



Thanks to Margaret Littman for suggesting this one.

No comments: